By Reagan DeSpain & Sierra Sayers
Makeup can be tricky to figure out if you’re kind of new to it. I’m not a pro, but I really enjoy makeup. I do get compliments on my crazy looks I do sometimes, so I’m gonna help you out, sister.
Tip 1: Cleanliness
Alright honey, first wash your face. Really wash it good and EXFOLIATE, girl. You should exfoliate at least three times a week. As tempting as it is, do not exfoliate more than that because it will dry out your skin, I use St. Ivy face wash. You can get it at Walmart for way cheap. Also, noses are gross, and you don’t want blackheads peeking through your foundation. What I do is take a bobby pen and try to scrap all of that nasty stuff out of your pores with the rounded end. Once you think you have it all off, your nose will be pretty red. It’ll be sore, so rub an ice cube on it. The ice cube will soothe it and close your pores up.
Tip 2: Face Prep
Okay now that your face is smooth as a baby’s booty, STOP TOUCHING IT that’s how you get acne, sis. So refrain from putting your hands on it and go get your disgusting beauty blender that you probably haven’t washed in a week and clean it. I soak mine in dish soap (preferably Dawn because it’s super good) and then rinse it out and dry it and it’s as good as new. 🙂
Tip 3: Face Prep Pt. 2
Listen here, another really good tip is before you do A N Y T H I N G rinse your face with freezing, breath-taking water. Seriously, the colder the better. It’ll close up your pores, and your makeup won’t clog them. Make sure to pat your face until it’s dry. Don’t rub it! Now get your face primed. I have cover fx and it works amazingly. But, I know some sisters are on a budget, so here’s some good cheap ones.
- Dry skin
- Maybelline baby skin instant primer, $6
- Milani Prime Perfection Hydrating & Pore-Minimizing Face Primer, $10
- Oily skin
- Wet n Wild Photo Focus Matte Face Primer, $5
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer, $5
- Combination skin
- Essence Fresh & Fit Awake Primer, $6
- E.L.F. Mineral Face Primer, $6
Tip 4: Lashes
Mascara can expire bb, so make sure you’re getting new ones every three months. Again, I know about beauty budgets, SO here’s some good mascaras to get your lashes looking long and thicc.
- Maybelline Volum’ Express: The Colossal Big Shot, $7
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling Mascara, $12
- Covergirl Flourish Mascara by LashBlast, $7
If your beauty is blessed with naturally black eyelashes, but they’re either too short or too thin. I got the hook up:
- Cold castor oil
- It helps grow them longer .
- Warm olive oil
- Makes them grow thicker and longer
- Grows and moisturises eyelashes. It also works great for your lips if you have chapped lips.
Tip 5: Lips
I know lips are hard to keep moisturized, so here’s what you gotta do, sis.
- Sugar scrubs!!!
- Put on your bunny slippers and grab your car keys and take your happy butt down to Walmart because they have a L’oreal sugar scrub that is to die for and totally worth the price, which is $12.99. Listen sis, this one works because I have used it myself. 12/10
- Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, $8
- EOS, $4
- Carmex, $2
- Clear lip gloss
- NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss, $5
- NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss, $8
Makeup isn’t a hard task; it’s fun. Don’t worry if your eyebrows are uneven because eyebrows aren’t twins, they’re cousins. If you’re not really into makeup, natural beauty is just as good. You do you, boo boo.
Inspiration if you need it 🙂